4/28/2011

radio station vs online music service


When I was working in the media industry about 6years ago, people said radio stations would be gone in couple of years, it's all going to be replaced to online music site, the major one nowadays is Pandora, Grooveshark, etc. People normally listen to radio channel during driving a car, especially when I was in Tokyo, there are not many chance that you drive a car, but take train and walk instead. So people listen to MP3 and online music channel on smartphone more.

Since I've moved to USA, I've been listening to radio stations more during my husband is driving a car.
And I noticed we can't completely replace to online music service which do only pick up songs and play for you, but no excitements which only radio DJ can add between each songs, such as introduce artist's biography, remix songs, fade out to play next song,,,etc. Music is always with us, passed on from person to person. I like it a lot.

We can listen to radio channels not only in the car, but also online when you are at home.
Each station have its own unique tastes, my favorite channel is BBC Radio 1. There is a live webcam window, it's fun to see inside of radio station too sometimes. :)

I stitched kuma's pink scarf, not much progress but hope you like it. ;)

0 件のコメント: