10/27/2008

Java Day1 : Install JDK 1.6

Another Blue Monday-- huh..
I installed JDK 1.6 for my Gateway to start learning Java.
It was successfully installed following up with my geeky SA friend :P and refering how to develop from very beginning program,which is "welcome to Java" and realized there is nice text editor called Pico, so tried to install it...but although it's pretty right and simple software, I got error during the installation of rpm. and it said "lack of something neccesarry module, libra,libca.." I forgot.
and tried to install those module, like 4 rpms... then my fedora got weird behavior. First of all there are other users were added,
and SELinux is poping up allllll the time... damn. I need to fix immediately otherwise CPU is almost occupied by SELinux's behavior..
ahhhhhhhhhhh I really wanted to start developing Java over the weekend.. =(((

anyway, here is the log of installation of JDK 1.6

--How to install JDK on my Gateway--

1.Refer to http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp

Failed because of the permission denied. so changed the package's permission to 777. chmod 777 filename

and check if the file downloaded properly by ls -l at shinri@localhost,Gateway

2.Execute the script by
./jdk-6u10-rc-bin-b28-linux-i586-21_jul_2008-rpm.bin

note-- when I installed via other user, some error occured. so changed to su - (root) then tried again. It was done without any problems.
however you change the users from shinri user, you can just move to /home/shinri and get the rpm package. otherwise you can't see the package on root home directory.

3. rpm -qa | grep jdk
The option of rpm is "qa" is check the installed package.
plus grep jdk

0 件のコメント: